Monday 25 November 2013

Festive Thoughts!

I feel the holiday season is upon us. It was pushed in sometime over the week-end on the edge of a Northern chill.
           
Yet here at my piano I am at home and  feel warm and cozy.  My twinkle lights are up and my candles lit and Bailey is lying lazily (sleeping) at my feet under the piano bench. It's his favorite hideout and every now and then when I sing a high note he howls.       
                   
Bailey has a very unique howl. It can be alarming and rough-extremely piercing and mournful. This wasn't always the case though. When Bailey first moved in he used to burrow his head under my bed and sofa when I would be practicing. So, I resorted to fitted headphones which seemed to do the trick for a while until he ate them. As we got to know each other better Bailey started to sing for me, and I became aware of his hidden talent. He's still nervous however when other people are around that he doesn't know. He's working on overcoming his fear of stage fright and aspires for a career on the stage. I do wonder whether he's always been a secret songster.



Over the week-end I wrote a new song. I was at my piano like I am now and I jut heard the song...I felt the song. I couldn't leave till it was through. It actually made me cry.
          
Every time I write a new song, I write a story. To me it's like it has its own little being, with its own very alive character . I'm really only the channel it chooses to travel through. When I look back over my pen marked pages of lyrics and scribbled charts I see all my friends and there's something really wonderful in that. It's like tracking steps, feelings, pathways, joys, sorrows, and all of those great thoughts, times, and experiences to music and expression.
                   
The capture below is me playing at my very first piano. I was always intrigued when I was little with the inside of a piano. I used to remove the mantle piece so I could see the hammers working their magic. I especially liked playing fast songs to see how quick the hammers moved...It's fascinating, try it sometime. Just a bit from my past there. Love old memories-love new memories-love memories in the making. Enjoy your day. Make your tread worthwhile.

                                 ~Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment